After weeks of debate, I decided to attend the Winter One 2018 seminar. I traveled to and learned about international business in London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam. Leaving the country for the first time was a scary thought, but I ended up having the time of my life!
Why I Chose International Business Seminars
- The programs are short-term, between 10 – 23 days instead of a whole semester.
- This experience sets you apart in the job world because it is a great talking point for interviews and provides networking opportunities.
- I wanted to improve both personally and professionally by developing problem-solving and adaptation skills.
What I Gained from My Experience Abroad
- International travel experience and learning how to adapt quickly without the help of a parent.
- The ability to live with new people for a short period of time.
- The knowledge of learning how the other side of the world operates on an everyday basis and in the business world.
- Incredible experiences
From experiencing New Year’s Eve in London to trying a variety of cuisines, I had so many incredible experiences on this trip.
My Biggest Takeaway
The one thing I learned most was that the world is a vast place with thousands of cultures that shape our surroundings and how we interact with each other. We had to adapt quickly in every city we visited and learn to respect everyone’s culture. This experience has allowed me to have a better understanding of how Europeans operate compared to how the United States operates.
This program was worthwhile and worth every penny! From the places we stayed to the experiences I had, you can’t get that anywhere else. If you have the want and can make it happen, go for it because you’ll regret it if you don’t.