Are you planning on attending a short term study abroad program?
Congratulations! Studying abroad is an amazing experience that will give you the opportunity to learn about a new culture, meet new people, and see the world. But before you go abroad, you will need to pack. This can be daunting, but with some planning and packing hacks, you won’t need to stress at all about it.
Here are 10 packing hacks to help you pack light and make the most of your study abroad experience:
- Start by making a list of everything you think you’ll need. This will help you avoid overpacking and forgetting anything important.
- Once you have your list, go through it and cross out anything you can live without. You’ll be surprised at how much you can get away with not packing!
- Choose versatile clothing that can be worn multiple ways. This will help you save space in your suitcase and avoid having to pack too many different outfits.
- Pack light layers so you can adjust your clothing as needed. The weather can change quickly, so it’s important to be prepared for anything.
- Don’t forget to pack comfortable shoes! You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so you’ll want to make sure your feet are comfortable.
- Bring a small backpack or bag that you can take with you on day trips. This will save you from having to carry your whole suitcase around with you all the time.
- Pack a few snacks and drinks for the plane or train ride. This will help you save money and avoid getting hungry or thirsty during your trip.
- Don’t forget to pack your toiletries! This includes things like shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, and deodorant.
- Make copies of your important documents, such as your passport and visa. This will help you avoid any problems if your documents are lost or stolen.
- Leave some extra space in your suitcase for souvenirs! You’re going to want to bring back some memories from your trip, so don’t forget to pack some extra space for souvenirs.
Following these packing hacks will help you pack light and make the most of your short term study abroad program. So what are you waiting for? Start packing today!