- International Business Seminars (IBS) are sponsored and operated by Academic Tours, Inc., an Arizona corporation. The Applicant for all Open Seminars agrees to pay IBS a deposit of $500 to be submitted upon acceptance to the seminar, and balances paid by November 15 for all Winter Seminars, March 15 for all Summer Seminars. For Private Seminars, please see your university program coordinator for specific fee requirements. Online payments are available for a 4% handling fee.
- Unless prior written approval has been obtained by IBS, failure to pay the balance by the due date shall entitle IBS to cancel the registration or impose a $50 late charge. There will be a $50 service charge added to any returned checks for insufficient funds or any other abnormality.
- Applicants recognize that International Travel bears inherent risks beyond domestic travel or non-travel. As such, Applicants holds harmless and releases International Business Seminars from any injury – physical, financial, or otherwise – incurred while traveling internationally.
- International Business Seminars shall not be responsible for any acts or omissions of the airlines including but not limited to canceled or delayed flights.
- In the event applicant cancels his/her registration, any refund shall be made according to the established refund policy of International Business Seminars. Refund of monies already paid will be subject to the following conditions.
- All cancellations must be received by International Business Seminars in writing.
- If cancellation notice is received less than sixty (60) days before the Seminar departure, no refund will be made of any monies received for any reason.
- After commencement of the Seminar program, no refund of monies shall be made under any circumstances.
- Medical problems are not considered a valid reason for cancellation by International Business Seminars as all services are paid well in advance. Travel cancellation and/or cancellation for any reason (CFAR) insurance is therefore highly recommended if appropriate for your situation.
- For Private Seminars, please see your university program coordinator for specific refund details.
- All travelers, including students, faculty, and staff, on this program are responsible for checking with their university program coordinator for any specific health related guidelines and procedures prior to travel.
- The applicant will comply with all COVID-19 related requirements and procedures imposed by the local government of our destination(s). Failure to comply could result in individuals being removed from the program. IBS prefers all individuals to have a current Covid vaccination but will defer to the rules of the countries visited on a program. Should one country require a vaccine, then it will be needed for the entire seminar. Rules may change at any given time.
- Passports of all participants must have at least 6 months of validity from the last day of the program’s travel. If the participant does not have at least 6 months of validity, they may be turned away by the airline or border control and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Applicant assumes and releases International Business Seminars, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from all risk of loss, additional expense, damages, and/or injury caused by or due to any of the following:
- Changes in travel plans and/or Seminar attendance made by the applicant for any reason including but not limited to personal emergencies.
- The acts and/or omissions of any common carrier, airline, railroad, motor coach or bus company, hotel, restaurant, tour guide, act of God, natural disaster, pandemic, war, armed conflict, or terrorist action.
- Changes in international exchange rates.
- Changes in fees, rates, and tariffs of any third party contracting to supply goods or services to International Business Seminars for the Seminar.
- Changes in schedule due to the acts or omissions, including the withdrawal of any hosts, or Seminar participant, or due to any other cause.
- Events during outdoor activities voluntarily selected by and participated in at the traveler’s own discretion.
- I hereby hold harmless and release International Business Seminars, its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all legal liability for any personal injury, property loss, or consequential damages during or resulting from this program.
- I hereby consent to the use of my photograph or likeness by Academic Tours, Inc. dba International Business Seminars for the purpose of advertising or promoting international seminars or for such other purposes as may be determined from time to time by International Business Seminars. In addition, I allow IBS to distribute my email and contact information to other seminar participants. IBS will never sell or give your contact info to any third parties. By participating on an IBS Seminar, Applicant automatically opts-in to the IBS Alumni Email List.
- If a Seminar is canceled by International Business Seminars due to extenuating circumstances (wars, strikes, states of emergency, act of God, etc.) participants shall have the option to accept a complete refund of all monies paid or of selecting an alternative program. International Business Seminars reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify any part of an itinerary, or the hotels, or the mode of transportation, or the terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. In the event of a substantial reduction in the services rendered or specified, however, a proportionate refund will be made for the amount that International Business Seminars is able to obtain a refund.
I warrant that I have read this document, understand its content, and that I am 18 years or older, and have full authority to execute this instrument and that I have executed this instrument voluntarily and of my own free will.
Last updated: 10/12/2022. Our Terms & Conditions are subject to change.
Print This Page