** For interested candidates, please submit cover letter and resume in the form below or send to Shelly Drake, VP of Operations and People, at email@example.com. **
Job Type: Full-time
Added: November 1, 2022
International Business Seminars (IBS) is a small, tightly knit study abroad provider that has operated short-term study abroad programs since 1976. Providing some of the first business focused short-term study abroad programs, we have operated over 650 programs in now a variety of disciplines and have over 33,000 alumni.
We pride ourselves on our positive and collaborative environment, strong competencies in operations, and flexibility in helping our students realize their dream careers and take the first step towards achieving them.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Program Manager to the team immediately. The successful candidate must be collaborative, collegial, and have strong time management and organizational skills. They must be able to travel both domestically, to visit university partners, and internationally as on-site support.
This position is a full-time position may be Remote, based in Phoenix, AZ or Hybrid. This role focuses on a number of duties and responsibilities including:
- International experience (and a passion for travel) is a must!
- 2-5 years of experience in study abroad, international education, higher education, international program administration, events/program/project management, tourism, logistics or related areas
- Great communicator with excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and a sense of humor
- Strong time management skills with the ability to think ahead, the ability to coordinate people and processes in a complex, multi-cultural context, and the initiative to execute quickly and accurately
- Detail-orientated, dependable, and highly motivated to grow within the larger international higher education community
- Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and flexibility to quickly respond to changing priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Valid passport or the ability to get one
- Working with faculty, university staff, and vendors to build itineraries and prepare program costs
- Negotiating services between IBS and vendors for facilities and services and creating contracts
- Processing program invoices in collaboration with IBS staff
- Organizing host visits in global program locations, networking and developing contacts with high level international leaders
- Coordinating participant communications with program faculty/university staff, answering program related questions
- Maintaining direct contact with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of assigned programs are implemented according to plan
- Traveling abroad to lead/support programs and work directly with program faculty/university staff, host companies, vendors, and local service providers to ensure smooth program delivery
- Traveling domestically to promote IBS and our programs at universities, study abroad fairs, and professional association meetings and conferences
- Ad hoc projects as needed directed by the Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer, or Vice President of Operations and People
Compensation and Benefits:
- $52,000 – $58,000 (based on experience)
- Healthcare, dental, and competitive 401(k) package
- Flexible holiday and work schedule
- International travel opportunities
- Travel per diem
Submit a cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desired qualifications, resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
If you have trouble with the form, please send cover letter and resume to Shelly Drake, Vice President of Operations & People, at firstname.lastname@example.org.