** For interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter in the form below **
Job Type: Full-time
Added: February 11, 2022
International Business Seminars organizes short-term, faculty-led, multi-destination study abroad programs focusing on a range of academic areas that are designed to provide students with their ‘first business trip abroad’ experience. The goal of IBS programs is to provide the opportunity for individuals to develop global competency using research and experience to determine trends, complexities, and opportunities for business around the world. While we have specialized in international business since our founding, our expertise has expanded far beyond business curricula as we regularly organize programs in area studies, art, communication, history, language, law, political science, and more in both traditional and virtual formats.
We continued to fully operate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by maintaining the ability to pivot and innovate by shifting from travel programs to virtual format study abroad programs while we were unable to physically travel.
We pride ourselves on our close-knit team, strong competencies in operations and flexibility in helping our students realize their dream careers and taking the first step towards achieving them. We are eager to expand our operations internationally into more locations as well as domestically in the long-run.
We are seeking to add a Program Manager to our fun and talented team, and we are interested in talking with you about the opportunity to join us immediately!
Key responsibilities of this position include organizing and operating short-term study abroad programs, engaging with key stakeholders from new and current clients to bring new programs to market, domestic travel visiting universities as needed for university relations as well as international travel to coordinate your study abroad programs on the ground.
This position is a full-time position is based in Phoenix, AZ but Remote may be possible for the right candidate. This role focuses on a number of duties and responsibilities including:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish international internship or semester long study abroad program in Europe or Asia
- Building and managing study abroad programs and relevant logistics
- Leading/supporting programs abroad and working directly with faculty, students, host companies, vendors, and local service providers
- Working with clients closely to fulfill their specific program needs
- Working with our cross-functional team to ensure a smooth delivery of quality programs
- Visit universities and colleges each semester to promote IBS programs by participating in study abroad and graduate school fairs, meeting with students as well as faculty, and conducting creative outreach activities and events
- Promote IBS and our programs at national and regional professional association meetings and conferences
- Networking and developing contacts with high level international business and university leaders
- Contract negotiations with both clients and suppliers
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of each program and proactively communicate and answer program related questions for our faculty and students (as well as their families)
- Answering inbound phone calls and managing a wide variety of situations and needs of our partners.
- Use of our CRM (Salesforce) to manage all account information, log activities, and manage reports
- Team player that gets along with others
- Assist with other duties not limited to marketing, operations, outreach, social media, and general recruitment
- Ad hoc projects as needed directed by the Managing Director, Vice President and/or the Director of Programs
- Occasional physical activities such as lifting boxes of 25-30 lbs, arranging chairs/tables in conference room settings
- Have a passion for international education/travel and helping students achieve their goals is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year institution (preferably in a business, area studies or travel related field)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Valid passport
- International experience (and a passion for travel) is a must – you will most likely be asked to travel domestically and/or internationally. This experience can consist of travel, study and/or work experience overseas
- 2-5 years of experience in study abroad, international education, higher education, international program administration, events/program/project management, tourism, logistics, or related areas
- Great communicator with customer service skills as well as a sense of humor
- Strong time management skills with the ability to think ahead, impeccable attention to detail, and initiative to pick up the phone and ask the right questions
- Strong intercultural skills and the ability to coordinate people and processes in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Ability to function and manage projects independently, including their profits or losses
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and flexibility to quickly respond to changing priorities
- Highly self-motivated, goal-oriented, and accountable with a desire to grow within the larger international higher education community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is a must
- Strong language skills in English, both written and oral
- Competency in one or more foreign languages.
- Graduate degree
- Experience living abroad
- Experience with IBS seminars
- Experience with finance/accounting concepts and Salesforce a plus
- Supportive organizational culture that focuses on employee learning and growth.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- PTO, sick days, and floating holidays.
- Flexible work schedules and work/life balance.
- Medical and dental coverage available.
- 401(k) available.
- Support to attend international education or other related conferences.
- Opportunities for domestic travel to our university partners across the USA.
- Regular international travel opportunities with travel per diem.
- Impactful work that makes a difference in the lives of students.
Submit a cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desired qualifications, resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
If you have trouble with the form, please send cover letter and resume to Dr. Kelly O’Brien, General Manager, at email@example.com.