** For interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter in the form below **
Job Type: Full-time
Added: June 17, 2021
International Business Seminars organizes short-term, faculty-led, multi-destination study abroad programs focusing on a range of academic areas that are designed to provide students with their ‘first business trip abroad’ experience. The goal of IBS programs is to provide the opportunity for individuals to develop global competency using research and experience to determine trends, complexities, and opportunities for business around the world. While we have specialized in international business since our founding, our expertise has expanded far beyond business curricula as we regularly organize programs in area studies, art, communication, history, language, law, political science, and more in both traditional and virtual formats.
We are seeking to add a Program Advisor to our fun and talented team, and we are interested in talking with you about the opportunity to join us immediately!
Key responsibilities of this position include pre-program student advising, recruitment, and student support throughout the entire study abroad process.
This position is a full-time position is based in Phoenix, AZ and is focusing on a number of duties and responsibilities including:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly and term enrollment goals for our short-term study abroad programs.
- Convert interested students into program participants via phone, text, email, or video conference.
- Build personalized relationships with students all over the USA to learn about their academic and professional goals in order to determine if each student would be a good fit to attend a seminar with IBS.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our open-enrolment programs and proactively discuss the components of each program in order to answer program-related questions from students or families.
- Meeting or exceeding daily task goals while providing the highest quality of advising to your students.
- Use of our CRM (Salesforce) to manage all account information, log activities, and manage reports.
- Become an expert on the IBS enrollment policies, university policies and procedures, course credit and tuition. Using provided resources, you will work closely with 15-20 universities to become acquainted with application processes, course credit and tuition, while developing professional relationships with supporting faculty members. Program Advisors act as a liaison between the student, IBS, and their home institution.
- Manage outbound communication with a high quantity of students per day in organized, efficient and independent manner.
- Answering inbound phone calls and managing a wide variety of situations and needs of our partners.
- Assist parents to ensure they have all necessary information related to student travel abroad with IBS before departure. Address parent concerns over the phone, text, email, or video conference in an empathetic and professional way.
- Collaborate closely with the Seminar Coordinator, Travel Manager, and Program Managers to ensure a smooth enrollment process for students while facilitating a cooperative team environment within the organization.
- Coordinate with program alumni ambassador interns at our partner universities.
- Offer advice in financial planning through a working understanding of scholarship opportunities, payment plan options, billing procedures, and other means of support.
- Assist with other duties not limited to marketing, operations, outreach, social media, and general recruitment.
- Have a passion for international education/travel and helping students achieve their goals is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years work experience in student advising, higher education, international education, study abroad, international program administration, or related areas.
- Travel, study and/or work experience overseas
- Experience with student advising, sales, or customer service.
- Strong communication skills over the phone, text messaging, email, video conferencing, and in person.
- Ability to manage high volumes of student calls during demanding recruiting and enrollment periods.
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented with a desire to grow within the larger international higher education community.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and flexibility to quickly respond to changing priorities.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to think ahead, take initiative, and ask the right questions in the occasional absence of policy or procedure.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to accurately understand and communicate all program elements and policies.
- Strong language skills in English, both written and oral.
- Competency in one or more foreign languages.
- Graduate degree
- Experience with IBS seminars.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Supportive organizational culture that focuses on employee learning and growth.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- PTO, sick days, and floating holidays.
- Flexible work schedules and work/life balance.
- Medical and dental coverage available.
- Support to attend international education or other related conferences.
- Opportunities for domestic travel to our university partners across the USA.
- Opportunities for international travel on our programs.
- Impactful work that makes a difference in the lives of students.
Submit a cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desired qualifications, resume, and the contact information for three professional references.